Saturday, January 26, 2008

Chapter Two





Shown here is a picture of my RA pillow, which I created using the techniques from Christopher Nejman's "Pillows" book. The directions start on page 84. This pillow is not one I would have picked to do on my own because, I am not into purple. But the techniques were wonderful and I love the way it came out. I really was impressed the way the satin fabric took on the look of suede. The gold lame sun burst spoke to me: I love bling. I find the more I create the more glitz I need to have.

Because of the pillow's finished size, 16" x 25" plus the fringe which is over 5" and the amount of stuffing I used, this is one heavy pillow. But what else would one make to represent the Egyptian god Ra? He is, after all, the sun god. One must appease those who may be watching over our creations and we need all the approval we can get.

1 comment:

The Bonster said...

You are a genius! You have hands of gold and I can't wait to see your next creation . . . and the next, and the next, etc.

Besides the finished product, perhaps you could show some close-ups, so that we can all see how intricate your work really is. I"m thrilled to see your blog and look forward to all of them.